- I've been working on a fantastic collaborative project with a tiny team being taught by one of the Art Directors from Pixar. It's been a very valuable learning experience and I think my artistic improvement over this semester shows the most in those art pieces, but we all signed non-disclosure agreements and gotta keep from sharing the artwork. However, as concepts get scratched from the project, I'll be able to publish them.
- I also recently visited Pixar Animation Studios for the second time, on Halloween no less! Seeing employees in their Halloween costumes was a blast. The upstairs gallery showcased concept artwork from all the Pixar shorts, including the newest one, "Lava".
- I've also been designing with another team for a different project for some clients from outside AAU who wanted to work through the school to use our artists. After I worked with that team for six months, the project was pulled from the school midway through preproduction last month and we were all let go. Whether or not it will ever be completed elsewhere remains up in the air, but I won't be going back and I was honestly ready to move on from it.
- Next up to show in my dA gallery - environment paintings! I'm taking an Environment Design class and have been really dedicating my time this semester to developing my skills in that area. As I learn how to design with light and color, I've been finding that it can be just as fun as designing characters; I'll upload them here when they're done. The environments are all for "Rock & Roar".
- Also at AAU, I recently learned that I've been chosen to be the Student Representative next semester for my major, Visual Development. I am honored, really!
- Finally, tomorrow is my main character Miles the cat's "birthday"; it will be two years since the first time I drew him!
Thanks to all my Watchers for sticking around, hope you all have a great week!